Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why I Support Obama -- Part I

I first thought he had lost his mind. Consider that at the age of 54 I have lived through some unpleasantries. Folks don't like to talk about the ugly side of this great country, but trust me, for each of us who are different there are many ugly sides. The Palins of the world simply cannot understand that people like me can love this country and despise it at the same time. All I can say is spend some time in my shoes.

The candidate I support has shown a heart for the many, not the few. He is much smarter, more thoughtful, better educated, more aware of this country's governing documents and more in tune with the rest of the world than the other guy. His judgment is more sound. His experience is more relevant and gives him a perspective that some deep-rooted DC tree who spreads his limbs to shade only 5% of the population could not possibly have.

Do I agree with EVERYTHING he says??? No. But when I consider the other guy, there is no real choice for change but Obama. Unless you have long bucks like Cindy (pick one, including McC), Oprah, Clinton (can you lend your latest venture millions?), or any of those worthless Wall Street fat cats, the last eight years should have stung a little bit. I've been stung a lot.

Judgment
Heart
Education
Knowledge
Insight
Experience (that matters)
Intelligence
Perspective

Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment