Monday, October 6, 2008

Coming Out of the Closet

I have missed very few opportunities to cast a ballot in the past 36 years. I think I voted a straight ticket once and was plagued by the guilt of not considering each candidate individually. There are some schools of thought that not aligning oneself with a particular party dilutes the power of one's vote. I am not ready to concede that point.

When Barack Obama first announced his candidacy for president of the United States I said to myself that man must be out of his mind. And then there was Iowa. I stopped looking at the color of his skin and started listening to what he had to say. When I looked at the other candidates on both sides, I decided to support Mr. Obama.

So, there it is, for all of my friends and acquaintances -- liaberal, conservative, Black, White, Hispanice, Asian, Christian, heathen, heretic, creationists, evolutionists, and everyone else. I am supporting Barack Obama. Oh -- perhaps you thought I would support Mr. Obama because he is half black? Well, does that mean that I have supported everyone else for whom I voted because he or she is all white? Just for the record, I make sure to vote AGAINST Shelia Jackson Lee every chance I get.

Okay -- I've outed myself. Wait until you see what I have to say about what's-her-name -- Palin the Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment