Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Coming Out of the Closet: What Does This Mean?

Recently I was queried about the meaning of this blog.  Why do you call it that?


This writer would like to think that folks have different perspectives of the same verbiage.  Perhaps this is a mistake; so here is the short version (yes, I can do short) of why my blog is entitled Coming Out of the Closet -- Keeping it Real.

During the 2008 campaign preceding the general election, there was a keen awareness of the racially charged atmosphere regarding the man who was eventually elected POTUS.  When the opposing party's presidential candidate chose a person who spewed more thinly veiled hatred and vitriol, and further who reminded me of several incompetent and incapable persons under whom I worked in my early adult years, I started writing.  Writing is a therapeutic way of throwing punches and strategically placed kicks to knock one's foe out and remain a free woman.  Publishing on the web is akin to throwing open one's windows and shouting, in this case, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Because my friends are a diverse mix of races, cultures, political persuasions, and sexual orientations, I often keep my personal philosophies and political opinions to myself.  So --- Coming Out of the Closet is my way of baring parts of myself that heretofore have been secreted away; Keeping it Real is just that:  my truth -- not THE truth necessarily -- but truth as I see it.

So there:  I am out of the closet, and I what write and publish in this blog is the real stuff that comes from my heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment