Sunday, April 5, 2015

DAY 5 OF SARCOIDOSIS AWARENESS MONTH


And it’s Resurrection Day!  Alright, many refer to it as Easter.  I’m a Resurrection Day kind of woman.  And what a glorious day it has been, spending the morning on the campus of my church for worship, Sunday School and fellowship. It is a day on which I was reminded in song, scripture, sermon and quiet, that my faith is what keeps me going.

Life is not what I thought it would be as a tread closer to 61.  After all, 35 years ago I projected 2015 would be my retirement year.  When you lose almost two decades of productivity that's more than a stretch.  Ha!   Still, life is good, because God is good.  And even in my infirmities He sustains me and gives me peace.

The Glenn Edward Burleigh adapted a hymn of which I am reminded.   This is what he added:

He gently speaks to me; in my quiet time alone with Him I find the love I need.  
He gently speaks to me; in my quiet time alone with Him I find the joy I need.  
He gently speaks to me; in my quiet time alone with Him I find the peace I need.  

The refrain of that hymn says:

Blessed quietness holy quietness
What assurance in my soul
On the stormy sea He speaks peace to me
And the billows cease to roll

Glenn then continued:

When he speaks to me, I get peace that passeth understanding
When he speaks peace to me, the power of God takes control 
When he speaks peace to me, I get joy, unspeakable joy in my soul
And the billows cease to roll.

Yep, there are storms.  Some of us call them by the names of unloving spouses, unruly children, insufferable supervisors, or bills that sit at table every meal and refuse to ever leave.  And some call them tumor, lymphoma, cancer, MS, ALS or Sarcoidosis.  Whatever the storm, He is the shelter.  Whatever the problem, He is the solution.  Whatever the question, He is in the answer.  That is not to say the storm will disappear; it is to say that He will see you through it.  After all, life here, no matter how meaningful, or successful, or how much we enjoy it, is only a way station until we go home.  And as long as we're here, if we are Resurrection Day kind of folks, we aren't home . . . yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete