Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Wealthy Woman Indeed

Thanksgiving Day 2008 marked the beginning of the end of my life as it had been for several years.  What followed were events that, even in retrospect and without experiencing the agonizing pain that accompanied them, I believe were the most egregious of my little life.  And right here, right now, on this Thanksgiving Eve 2009, I cannot help but have a profound sense of gratitude for the many ways God carried, consoled, encouraged, rescued and loved me.  He used the hands, arms, eyes, ears, feet and hearts of my family by birth and law, my family of faith at South Main Baptist Church, my business clients who are so much more than that, and two wonderfully gifted women who welcomed me into their labor of love for spreading the Good News through music.  And He used for good the acts that others meant to do me harm, all the while teaching me some painful and now much appreciated lessons.   My life is different now; a new chapter is in the making.  And most of all, I am at peace.  That makes me one of the richest people on earth -- a wealthy woman indeed.  What more is there?

My prayer for you, is that even in the darkest hour of your day, on the worst day of your life, and all others as well, that you know the peace of God which transcends all understanding, and that His peace will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And as my pastor Steve Wells would say:  Go with God's blessings; go with God's peace.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment